• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

forced vomiting

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
so lately if ive been out with friends and eaten unhealthy things or had a really big craving for a lot of junk food etc so when i get home ill just vomit out most of it in the toilet by the finger-up-throat method

but this will prbly happen once a week or so

anyone else do this? seems to be pretty beneficial imho, though i know making it a regular habit would be a no-noo

That's terrible for you, the acid will eventually erode the lining of your throat and cause damage to your body. Why not just eat healthier? Vomiting is a natural mechanism designed to expel ingested poisons before they completely enter your bloodstream.

Mysterie, I'm not sure if you're aware but what you're doing is actually bulimia, even if you're only doing it once a week.

I was bulimic for 2 years, and it still comes back every now and then (despite the worst of it being over about 3 years ago). It starts innocently enough, I remember the first few times I did it, I thought "This is awesome! I can eat whatever I want and not face the consequences!"

But it very rapidly starts to spiral out of control. Quit while you still can. Don't even allow it to be an option for you. As Psykonaut said, just eat healthier food that you're not going to feel guilty about, or eat less of the bad stuff, again, so you don't feel guilty about it :)

The actual act of purging the acidic contents of your stomach back up is extremely destructive to the fragile lining of your oesophagus and mouth, so apart from the psychological factors, there are also medical reasons why you should not be doing it.

Last edited:
In this day and age, with all the information they plaster into our brains during health class (I suppose, depending on your geographical location, the name of this course may vary), are you really that naive that you were not aware that what you are doing is a seriously self-destructive habitual behavior called bulimia? This is hard to believe.

Anyway, my gripes aside, people have died from complications that were rooted in bulimia. It`s a serious eating disorder. You should never do this again, and talk to a doctor about proper methods for controlling weight and diet. Talking to a counselor might be beneficial too. There is a healthy way to go about something, and then there is an unhealthy way (and then usually a potentially deadly way as well).

fair deuce guys im not going to do it anymore

yes i'm aware its bulimia , i just figured if i did it straight after eating and only occasionally the damage to my oesophagus or whatever from stomach acids would be minimal

i just get huge cravings for junk food sometimes and its almost like an addiction and i overeat and feel like shit

ive got more willpower now though so its okay i guess

I dated a girl a girl who used to do this, it would only really come out when she was stressed. Its the classic binge/purge cycle of bulimia.

fair deuce guys im not going to do it anymore

yes i'm aware its bulimia , i just figured if i did it straight after eating and only occasionally the damage to my oesophagus or whatever from stomach acids would be minimal

i just get huge cravings for junk food sometimes and its almost like an addiction and i overeat and feel like shit

ive got more willpower now though so its okay i guess

There's a reason why occasional bulimia is not advertised as a feasible weight loss method.

Anyway, one thing you can try doing that my aunt actually does, is eating a little junk food while also filling your stomach with something healthy. It turns out sometimes a very small portion of junk food with a larger, healthier meal can satisfy a craving, while the healthy food actually fills your stomach.

Anyway, chat with a doctor about this stuff. I'm glad you reconsidered. :)

I'm really happy you posted this and are open to feedback. I became bulimic about 8 years ago, mostly as a way to lose weight. It did work at first, as I was not eating at all during the day, then coming home and binging/purging at night, and I lost a bunch of weight. But the addiction that grows from that isn't worth it. It stops working as a weight loss thing, not to mention all the MANY horrible side effects. It's unhealthy for anyone, but if you tend to be an addictive personality (like myself), it can very quickly get out of control. Luckily in the last year or so I have almost quit completely, but it does sneak back into my life occasionally, like all the other addictions.
I guess there's not much of a point to my reply, but again, I'm really glad you are here talking about it and willing to consider how dangerous it can become.

Digging Deeper...

but this will prbly happen once a week or so

anyone else do this? seems to be pretty beneficial imho, though i know making it a regular habit would be a no-noo

Hey there...I realise that you have already gotten the obvious advice to stop the purging behaviour but as someone who has suffered with an eating disorder for 16 years now, I thought it would be worth it to get a bit more in-depth on this issue. Reading your post a couple of things jumped out at me, the first one being that you do this weekly. Its good that you recognise this as something you wish to keep to a minimal- and possibly stop- but if this has been something you have been doing once per week, Im afraid that it already is a regular habbit and one which is NOT NOT NOT easy to stop at all even with the best of intentions, and whole hearted determination.

If you are trying to control your weight by restrictive eating the urge to binge/over-eat or eat stuff you are avoiding will only get stronger over time. If you have a strong negative emotional response to "losing control" over what you eat, it is going to be really f-ing hard in the moment not to tell yourself "one more time" when you know you will feel better afterwards.

The other issue I worry about is that you will simply find another "more acceptable" way to compensate for overeating or purge calories. Even though this might not elicit the same strong reaction as self induced vomiting, its only going to add fuel to the fire. Eventually you will most likely end up binging and purging constantly. The consequences all of this will have on your health are fairly easy to figure out, not that you will need to since everyone will tell you. What they dont tell you is that in a couple of years, erroded teeth, thin hair, dry skin, stomach problems, heart problems, etc , will be the least of your concerns since you probably wont even want to live your miserable, cold, loney life anymore anyways.

Seriously. I wish I could go back 13 years ago and NOT try sticking my finger down my throat. It seems like the greatest concept ever at first, I know. But here I am at 27 using cocaine every.damn.day- not because I like it, or get high, but to stop myself from eating because I actually litterally cannot stop myself from throwing up afterwards. I exist a miserable depressing lonely life sustained by liquid nutrition supplement, while I wait for my kidneys to fail.

Anyway, what Im trying to say is that its not the act of throwing up Im concerned about its the whole picture- everythging that drove you to even try it the first time- cuz I think this is the really important peice that usually gets missed. If I can help in anyway, or you just want to talk, let me know!